The Quill and Me—Devotional Blog•Oswald Chambers Reflections
Today's Devotional • Back to Home Page
Aug 4
Today's Reading: My Utmost for His Highest
Luke 18:31
"He took the twelve aside . . ."
Friendship With Him
The Only Thing of Value
God took the twelve aside . . .
God's takes us aside so we can be used for His purpose.
If we think within ourselves "I can be of use to God" then God most likely cannot use us, because our hearts are already filled with our own purposes..
But if you think, "Why would He choose me? I have no value, nothing good in me," God can work with that. He delights in choosing the unlikely, the humble, the surrendered.
As Christians we are here for the purpose of God.
If God chooses you, He will make a friend of you. Guard that friendship. If anything damages it, go to Him at once and make it right.
The main thing that is always under attack is our relationship with the Lord. Protect it, nourish it, and call on the Holy Spirit to keep you surrounded by His protection. Wear the armor of God. And thank Him for the privilege of His presence.
Breath Prayer
Thank You, Lord.I am humbled by Your presence.
~ Quil
Scripture References
Luke 18:31 “He took the twelve aside…”
John 15:15 “I have called you friends.”
John 15:16 “You did not choose Me, but I chose you…”
1 Corinthians 1:27 “God has chosen the foolish things… the weak things…”
Psalm 25:14 “The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him.”
Micah 6:8 “Walk humbly with thy God.”
James 4:6 “God gives grace to the humble.”
Psalm 73:28 “It is good for me to draw near to God.”
Isaiah 41:10 “I will strengthen you… I will uphold you.”
Ephesians 6:11 “Put on the whole armor of God.”
Ephesians 6:18 “Praying always… in the Spirit.”
Galatians 5:25 “Let us walk in the Spirit.”
Psalm 91:1 “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High…”
Psalm 63:8 “My soul followeth hard after Thee.”
Jude 21 “Keep yourselves in the love of God.”

Comments
Post a Comment